2013 Global Education Conference.
Join us today for a great set of final presentations, as well as for our closing celebration: we'll hear a special message from US Congresswoman Nita Lowey, get reports on the five grassroots projects, announce dates for some special 2014 events, and issue the conference-created Global Education Declaration.
Our free conference runs all week and is open to anyone to attend--spread the word with Twitter hashtag #globaled13.
- HUGE thanks to our amazing volunteers! You have been awesome!
- General conference information is posted here. A step-by-step guide to getting started is also available here. If you are looking to extend your conference experience, here are some ideas.
- Information about certificates for volunteers, presenters, and attendees is here.
Friday, November 22
(US-Eastern Standard Time)
(US-Eastern Standard Time)
- ED4ALL - Creating Responsible Global Digital Citizens in the Technology Age - Melanie McCreary, Educator
- Historical Role Play in Second Life for promoting Global Competencies - Dr. Chris Deason, Course Director (Associate Professor
- SPOTLIGHT: Global Classroom 2013-14 Stories & Project Launch - Mr Michael Graffin (@mgraffin)
- ED4ALL - EU and the Albanian higher education system; What happens when they meet? - Malvina Tema, PhD Candidate
- Global Project Based Learning and 21st Century Skills are dialectically connected - Ms Samah AlJundi
- Global voices: International school students developing verbal fluency with audiobooks. - Sue Toms, Head of Libraries
- Stories from Hello Little World Skypers - Anne Mirtschin
- Building a Global Culture of Accessibility with Mobile Devices - Dr. Luis Perez
- ED4ALL - Educate Every Child on the Planet: The World Top 20 Education Poll - Albert N. Mitchell II, CEO/ Executive Director
- The Olympic Games 2012, working collaboratively in a globalize world to develop cultural awareness.Connecting classroom programme. - Balda Marcia, Teacher of English
- “ Window to the World” – a path for the school of the future - Effie Kyrikakis - Global Program Administrator
- ED4ALL - Understanding the Middle East through a Simulation: AIC Conflict Simulation - Vicki Davis & 9th Grade Students
- Liderazgo del directivo docente y Docentes en la evaluation curricular de las Instituciones Educativas Oficiales en Colombia - Magister Luis Alberto Dávila Ramírez
- Using Online Resources for Teaching EFL to Students from Under-served Communities - Muhammad Saleem Ibrahim
- KEYNOTE: Karen Armstrong - How to Change the World
- ED4ALL - La Red Interamericana de Educación Docente (RIED) y el Colaboratorio Interamericano para la Profesión Docente (Co-PED): Herramientas Prácticas para la Colaboración entre Docentes en las Américas - Nathalia Khayat, Consultora de Educación y James Pa
- ED4ALL - New Education Highway: Using Technology, Community Partnerships, OERs and Targeted Teacher-Training to Provide Access - Even in Areas Without Internet - to Free, Quality Education - Silvia Raithel, NEH Co-Founder and Co-President
- Global Harvest Project: Connecting Community through Co-developing Transdisciplinary Curriculum - Melda N. Yildiz, Teacher Educator
- The Online Model United Nations Movement: The Move Towards Global Community - Omar Eldarawy, Deputy Secretary General of Africa
- Attaining the Creative Classroom with practical projects - Joel Josephson
- ED4ALL - The OER movement: Inspiring global Teacher & Student Participation and Creation - Frédéric Kastner, Programme Manager
- Future Friendly Schools: living laboratories for 21st century teaching and learning - Michael Furdyk, Director of Innovation
- RAINFOREST ARTLINK: Connecting with the rainforest 2013 - Miguel Barreto, Program Director
- CONFERENCE CLOSING CELEBRATION AND SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS