- Join me as I talk tonight with Laurette Lynn, the "Unplugged Mom," about "unplugging from the conventional and artificial process" of traditional education. More details, with instructions on joining in the live session HERE.
- Read the DMLcentral interview with me about about the process of rebuilding educational narratives , the value of thinking of education as a process, and the importance of engagement and empowerment for not just students but also teachers, administrators, families, and communities. And consider attending the DML Conference March 1 - 3 in San Francisco!
- This THURSDAY, February 9th, join me as I talk with Alan Blankstein on "Improving Individual Schools" and we discuss his latest book, The Answer Is in the Room.
- On FRIDAY I'll be appearing live on the Blended Librarians Online Learning Community Webcast, speaking on the topic of "Building a Successful Online Learning Community for Librarians." You aer welcome to join, and more information is HERE.
- The SATURDAY Classroom 2.0 LIVE! show this week hosts Steven Anderson on "TPACK and the Common Core Standards."
- NEXT WEEK interviews are with Khalid Smith from Startup Weekend EDU (Tuesday the 14th) and Jane Hart on "Social Learning" (Thursday the 16th). Details and links will be posted at http://www.futureofeducation.com.
- Recordings from last weeks interviews are now posted: hear Cable Green talk about the "Obviousness of Open Policy" and Barbara Bray, Kathleen McClaskey, Shannon Miller, and Lisa Nielsen discuss "Personal Learning Profiles." The recording of the Classroom 2.0 LIVE! show with William Sites on "Using Evernote" has also been posted.
- Looking for your contributions to the 5th anniversary Classroom 2.0 book! Join the project HERE. Great submissions coming in!
- MARCH 15 - 17 (Palm Springs, CA + Virtual): Free social media fun at CUEunplugged during the annual CUE Conference, March 15 - 17--SocialEdCon, Bloggers' Cafe, and anyone can present (streamed as well).
- APRIL 26 (Virtual): The first-ever (and free), Classroom 2.0 Gaming in Education virtual conference. More information and announcements shortly at Classroom20.com.
- JUNE 23 - 26 (San Diego, CA + Virtual): The free and totally fun ISTEunplugged before and during the annual ISTE Conference, including the 5th-year celebration of what used to be called EduBloggerCon but is now SocialEdCon.
- OCTOBER 3 - 5 (Virtual): The free Future of Libraries world-wide conference, Library 2.012. Sign up for free at http://www.library20.com.
- NOVEMBER 12 - 16 (Virtual): The free and amazing 2012 Global Education Conference. http://www.globaledcon.com.
- In the planning stages:
- The Social Learning Summit this spring
- Search Matters virtual conference on the importance of search literacy (with a little help from our friends at Google!).
- AltEdCon, the first world-wide virtual conference on alternative education: homeschooling, unschooling, distance learning, etc.
- Bootcamp 2.0 virtual summer professional development institutes taught by some of your favorite Web 2.0 gurus.
- Community 2.0: Social Networking in Education
- Join the educator council for PBS NewsHour HERE.
HACK EDUCATION PODCAST:
- The cutting and ironic humor of Audrey Watters drill-down on educational technology news each week: http://feeds.feedburner.com/edtechlive/hackeducation.
- Many of the free community activities that I bring to you through Web 2.0 Labs are looking for appropriate and authentic sponsorship! Email me if you'd like to support one of the events or activities above.
Have a great week!