The three-day online and free OZeLive conference, February 26 - 28 in Australia/New Zealand time zones, gets an advance preview today with an early keynote address by Global Education Conference co-founder and co-chair Lucy Gray: ""Going Global: Project-Based Learning with a Global Focus."
The conference theme this year is "Connected Educators Shine on the World Stage." The current schedule is below. Join the fun and see the up-to-date conference schedule in your own time zone at OZeLive.com or http://australianeducators.ning.com.
For the benefit of those in North America, times listed below are US-EST. See the schedule for your own time zone, any updates, and the actual links for attending individual sessions..
- Lucy Gray: Keynote 1 OZeLIVE 2016 "Going Global: Project-Based Learning with a Global Focus"
Thursday, February 25
- Alicia Recigno OZeLIVE 2016 "Creating Powerful Curriculum Using Student Experiences"
- Lisa Della Porte Keynote 2 OZeLIVE 2016 "Exploring Responsible Digital Citizenship"
- Julie Lindsay Keynote 3 OZeLIVE 2016 "The Dragon that Roars: The imperative of online global collaborative learning"
Friday, February 26
- Ben Newsome Keynote 4 OZeLIVE 2016 "Teaching science globally via video conferencing: learning opportunities abound!"
- Developing Wisdom - Paul Loranger
- Creativity and the Classroom: Reflect, Create, Dream, Diagram, Model, Propose - Linda Keane, Professor of Architecture and Environmental Design
- Moving Students up the Cultural Ladder - Harry G Tuttle, Ed. D.
- Collaboratively Designing First Year Information Literacy Program in Fresno State - Raymond Pun, First Year Student Success Librarian
- Higher-Level Thinking Mobile Activities - Harry Tuttle, Ed.D.
- Deanne Joosten Keynote 5 OZeLIVE 2016 "The Technology Toolbox - Innovative resources for your classroom"
Producing Digital Texts for the Australian Curriculum - Vanessa Crouch
Saturday, February 27
- Persona dolls: Dressed for learning - Jo Freitag
- Bron Stuckey Keynote 6 OZeLIVE 2016 "Gamification, Community of Practice and Open Badges"
- Using Student Narrative to Support Universal Design for Learning in Online Delivery (Foundational Learning courses) - Lindy Fors Coordinator, Academic Upgrading
- STEAM: Math and Modeling with Paper - Linda Keane, Professor of Architecture and Environmental Design
- Students as Agents of Peace - Lisa DellaPorte, Program Operations Manager
- Manhal Shukayr Keynote 7 OZeLIVE 2016 "Toastmasters - What's in it for me"