1. EduBloggerCon 2008. The Saturday just before the conference, in the conference center. A whole day of "unconferencing" with educational bloggers. Subtitled "Classroom 2.0 LIVE in San Antonio." No cost to attend, just sign up at the wiki and come with wireless ready. If you can't make it in person, watch the wiki, as both back-channel chatting and streaming video of the whole day are almost guaranteed with this crowd.
2. NECC "Unplugged." Three days of collaborative fun in the NECC lounges, centering on the Bloggers' Cafe. Come and give the talk you always wished you could give at NECC. Or do a speed demo. I'll be talking about Ning, of course! While we don't know if the bandwidth will allow streaming video the whole time, it will be tried! Watch the wiki up and look for links to live interaction.
3. Come to the Classroom 2.0 Birds of a Feather session!
Tuesday, 7/1/2008, 4:45pm–5:45pm; HGCC 217 A
4. I'll be presenting in some other sessions:
An Introduction to Open Source Software and Open Technologies
Tuesday, 7/1/2008, 3:30pm–4:30pm; HGCC 217 A
Classroom 2.0: Exploring the Potential of Web 2.0
Steve Hargadon (moderating), with Vicki Davis, Lucy Gray, Karen Greenwood Henke, Rushton Hurley and Leigh Zeitz
Free, Open Source, and Web 2.0 Software for the Classroom
Monday, 6/30/2008, 4:45pm–5:45pm; HGCC 217 A
Social Networking in Education
Steve Hargadon (moderating), with Steve Dembo, Darren Draper, James Klein, Michael McVey and Dennis O'Connor
Tuesday, 7/1/2008, 2:00pm–3:00pm; HGCC 217 A
5. For a full list of Open Source Software sessions, see my blog post at: http://www.stevehargadon.com/2008/06/free-and-open-source-software-sessions.html