Reinventing the Classroom kicks off tonight (US Eastern Time) with some great keynote speaker sessions, and runs all day tomorrow, Thursday, May 1st. So exciting! The speaker list and full schedule are below these announcements.
Please forward to your friends and colleagues - this event is free!
The theme of our 2014 Reinventing the Classroom conference is: "How Ed Tech Is Reshaping the Classroom Experience." This is a free event, thanks to generous support from ClassFlow, and brings together classroom educators and innovators from around the world. The entire conference takes place online in a webinar format, and specifically encourages teachers to share their best practices with their peers. You are welcome to attend as many or as few sessions as you would like.
All sessions are recorded and the recordings are generally available within an hour of a session's completion. Keynote recordings will be uploaded to YouTube. Mobile users will be able to connect to sessions by going to ReinventingtheClassroom.com on your mobile device. Live chat and help during the conference will be at theconferencelounge.me. Tweets with session reminders and links can be tracked at @learnrevproject. Volunteer moderators--we need you. Please sign up here!
Times are US-Eastern Daylight Time. To see the schedule in your own time zone, with session descriptions and links to attend, please go to http://reinventingtheclassroom.com/page/attending-schedule.
Wednesday, April 30
7:00pm KEYNOTE - Vicki Davis on "Reinventing Writing"
8:00pm KEYNOTE - Anne Mirtschin on "The Amazing e-Classroom"
9:00pm KEYNOTE - Travis Allen on "Becoming a Mobile Learner"
Thursday, May 1
- DISTINGUISHED SPEAKER - Creating Innovators: Educating the Students That Will Change the World - Howie DiBlasi, CEO
- Instilling Global Citizenship through On-line Collaboration Learning Platforms - Adam Carter, Teacher & Global Citizen School or Organization
- RADIO SOLIDARIA AMIGA ONLINE Y RADIOSOLAMICHILDREN'S REINVENTANDO EN EL AULA - Mª Magdalena Galiana Lloret
- DISTINGUISHED SPEAKER - Jennifer Barnett on "Powering Connections in the CTQ Collaboratory"
- Which C is that? - Melissa Edwards. Instructional Technologist
- Online Collaborative Learning Model - Martha Cunningham, Director of Technology and Information Services
- Tools for a Visually Exciting ePortfolio - Gina Marandino - Educational Technology Specialist
- Who Can Teach?- Reinventing Education - Dr. Sue Bedard, Course Director
- DISTINGUISHED SPEAKER - Give Kids The World: Tools & Projects For Global Collaborations - Howie DiBlasi, CEO
- DISTINGUISHED SPEAKER - Nicole Tucker-Smith on "Spreading Innovation in Education: Misconceptions and MVPs"
- From Textbook to Interactive, Multimedia Wiki - Shayne Train, Curriculum Leader
- Creating a global classroom - Ann Michaelsen, teacher and administrator
- DISTINGUISHED SPEAKER - Mixing Sources, Amplifying Voices: Crafting Writing in an Information Age - Troy Hicks, Ph.D. Associate Professor of English Director, Chippewa River Writing Project
- What I learned from testing software with students | My lessons as a Product Manager of an e-learning solution in India - Mydhili Bayyapunedi
- DISTINGUISHED SPEAKER - William Kist on "Differentiating in a Community: A Key to Reinvention"
- Promoting Student Learning with Videos - Mr. Cevdet Harun Boke
- Returning Education back to the Learners - Tracy Hanson, Founder & CEO
- At the Pole: Position Your Online/Blended Course for Student Success - Christine Voelker, K-12 Program Director
- Do students see technology as we do? - Mrs. Maha Hassan
- Drive Your Own Professional Development - Dr. Tracy Gray, Managing Director, PowerUp WHAT WORKS
- DISTINGUISHED SPEAKER - Personalized Learning for College Math Readiness - Dr. Gary Lopez, CEO
- Project Based Learning/Flipped/Digital – English & Science - Margaret Patterson, Teacher & Team Leader
- Rethinking learning through educational time, space and technology - Melda N. Yildiz, Faculty
- A Framework for eLearning - Dave Hallmon, Instructional Designer
- Amazing People Role Models in Your Classroom - Mr Brett Moffatt - Educational Consultant
- Authentic Learning in Math through Computer Coding: Turning Consumers into Creators - Dawn DuPriest, Mathematics and Technology Teacher
- DISTINGUISHED SPEAKER - Jeff Piontek on "STEM to STEAM to STREAM using Augmented and Virtual Reality in the Classroom"
- Is your Foreign Language Course Bound by the Course LMS? Struggle No More. - Kara Mac Donald
- The 24-7 Classroom - Maureen Devlin, Fourth Grade Teacher