June 8th - June 22nd, 2015
To subscribe to this newsletter, please sign up at LearningRevolution.com. Please share this newsletter with your friends and colleagues!
- Monday, June 8th at 8pm TL Virtual Cafe - #TLChat LIVE!, Second Monday of each month is the Teacher Librarian Twitter Chat. Follow #TLChat on Twitter to participate.
- Tuesday, June 9th - Thursday, June 11th in Washington D.C. 22nd Annual NMC Summer Conference, The NMC Summer Conference is a one-of-a-kind event, attracting highly skilled professionals interested in the integration of emerging technologies into teaching, learning, and creative inquiry. This is your opportunity to connect with thought leaders within the education industry who are pushing the envelope to infuse innovation and creativity into learning experiences worldwide. Gain tremendous insight on planning for, implementing, and evaluating cutting-edge technologies and learning approaches. More information at http://www.nmc.org/events/2015-nmc-summer-conference/.
- Saturday, June 13th at 12pm CR20 LIVE Weekly Show - Math Playground Games and Apps with Colleen King, Classroom 2.0 LIVE is an opportunity to gather with other member of the community in regular "live" web meetings. Details to join the webinar at http://live.classroom20.com. You can follow us on Twitter at #liveclass20.
- Sunday, June 14th at 7pm TechEducator Podcast: Google Maps with Josh and Friends, Bring the power of custom maps to your students using Google MyMaps. This flexible platform allows students to create and customize points on a map for any use you can imagine, from plotting a story to creating a collaborative map of the world's volcanoes. Be sure to watch to get some ideas about how you can use this tool in a variety of content areas! More information here.
- Monday, June 15th at 8pm TL News Night LIVE!, This is a LIVE show presented in news show format featuring a Wrap up of “This Month in School Libraries” and deeper discussion of topical school library issues with special guest experts. Did we mention it was LIVE? Join here.
- Saturday, June 20th at 12pm CR20 LIVE Weekly Show - Ten Marks Math Program, Classroom 2.0 LIVE is an opportunity to gather with other member of the community in regular "live" web meetings. Details to join the webinar at http://live.classroom20.com. You can follow us on Twitter at #liveclass20.
- Sunday, June 21st at 7pm TechEducator Podcast: Get your ISTE on!, The ISTE Conference is just one week away. What do I need to do to have a successful conference? What should I pack? What sessions should I attend? Join us LIVE to talk about this amazing week of networking. More information here.
All events are listed in US-Eastern Time. To become an event partner and have your events listed here, please email email@example.com. For a full calendar of all upcoming events and conferences, click here.
Each year TICAL holds an annual School Leadership Summit. This year's Summit, on June 24th from 8:00-4:30 PDT, will focus on the pillars of the U.S. Department of Education's Future Ready Pledge. The Pledge is a commitment by district leaders to work with educators, families, and community members to make all schools in their districts Future Ready. Future Ready Schools: 2015 School Leadership Summit will be held online using Google Hangouts on Air. The event will be free for all to attend and to watch the recordings. You must register to watch the event live or to see the recordings. This is truly a collaborative event made possible by the leading organization and event partners. For more information and to register, please go to http://www.futureready.education.
2015 ISTE Unplugged Events, June 26th - July 1st
Thanks to our generous friends at ISTE.org, our NINTH annual set of extra-curricular events at the ISTE conference this year will launch on the Friday before ISTE (June 26th) with an all-day open Maker Day--expect lots of table, activities, and fun for all ages, geared toward education. Saturday's all-day unconference features special guest Audrey Watters again this year, and huge shout-out to this year's unconference and evening party sponsor, StudyBlue and Shutterfly. Sunday is our fourth annual Global Education Summit, a three-hour event + connecting party you don't want to miss. The Bloggers' Cafe will be open Friday - Wednesday, and we're really hoping to add an education slam poetry event still. Stay tuned for all events at http://www.ISTEunplugged.com, which also has Facebook event links for each activity.
Global Education Day at ISTE 2015, June 28th
Join Lucy Gray, Steve Hargadon, VIF International Education and many members of the Global Education Conference community on Sunday, June 28th from 2-5 PM at the Philadelphia Convention Center (Room 103BC) for a special face-to-face meeting in which you can connect and collaborate with other globally-minded educators.
- Global Education Day Information + Schedule
- Free Registration
- Share on Facebook
- Follow #globaled on Twitter
The fifth annual global conversation about the future of libraries is scheduled for Tuesday, October 20th, 2015. The conference will be held entirely online and is free to attend. Everyone is invited to participate in this open forum designed to foster collaboration and knowledge sharing among information professionals worldwide. The Call for Proposals will open May 1st, immediately following the Library 2.015 Spring Summit (which had over 2,000 registrants and the recordings for which are now available). See this year's conference strands and plan to get your proposal in early. We are looking forward to the fifth year of this this momentous event, and to your participation!
blog.learningrevolution.com. If we've missed a story, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Principal: I’m retiring because Common Core puts test scores before children - The Hechinger Report
- Common Core Not Aligned With Basic Facts of Human Development | Truth in American Education
- How Early Academic Training Retards Intellectual Development | Psychology Today
- Compliance remains the central goal - Dangerously Irrelevant
- Mississippi to open first early college program styled after schools in North Carolina - The Hechinger Report
- Interested in Teaching with Mobile Tech? Read This Month's Ed Leadership - Lisa Nielsen: The Innovative Educator
- Marc Tucker: Time for the Civil Rights Community to Rethink Its Support for Annual Testing - Diane Ravitch's blog
EdTechReview (ETR) is a community of and for everyone involved in education technology to connect and collaborate both online and offline to discover, learn, utilize and share about the best ways technology can improve learning, teaching, and leading in the 21st century. More information at http://edtechreview.in/.
- "Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every individual makes a difference." - Jane Goodall
- "I am entirely certain that twenty years from now we will look back at education as it is practiced in most schools today and wonder that we could have tolerated anything so primitive." - John W. Gardner
See you online!