To subscribe to this newsletter, please sign up at LearningRevolution.com. Please share this newsletter with your friends and colleagues!
- Monday, March 9th at 8pm TL Virtual Cafe - #TLChat LIVE!, Second Monday of each month is the Teacher Librarian Twitter Chat. Follow #TLChat on Twitter to participate.
- Saturday, March 14th at 12pm CR20 LIVE Weekly Show - Featured Teacher: Avra Robinson, Classroom 2.0 LIVE is an opportunity to gather with other member of the community in regular "live" web meetings. Details to join the webinar at http://live.classroom20.com. You can follow us on Twitter at #liveclass20.
- Sunday, March 15th at 7pm TechEducator Podcast - Microsoft: Xbox and Minecraft, More information here.
- Monday, March 16th at 8pm TL News Night LIVE!, Going LIVE on the 3rd Monday of each Month! View here LIVE at 8pm ET. This is a LIVE show presented in news show format featuring a Wrap up of “This Month in School Libraries” and deeper discussion of topical school library issues with special guest experts. Did we mention it was LIVE?
- Saturday, March 21st at 12pm CR20 LIVE Weekly Show - Kori Street on iWitness, Classroom 2.0 LIVE is an opportunity to gather with other member of the community in regular "live" web meetings. Details to join the webinar at http://live.classroom20.com. You can follow us on Twitter at #liveclass20.
- Sunday, March 22nd at 7pm TechEducator Podcast: Microsoft OneNote featuring Ari Schorr and Mike Tholfsen, More information here.
All events are listed in US-Eastern Time. To become an event partner and have your events listed here, please email email@example.com. For a full calendar of all upcoming events and conferences, click here.
Library 2.015 Spring Summit
The technology landscape changes rapidly, and these changes have economic, social, and ethical significance for individuals, organizations, and the entire world. The Emerging Future: Technology and Learning brings focus to the planning skills that are needed, the issues that are involved, and the current trends as we explore the potential impact of technological innovations. These interactive sessions on future technology trends will present key issues faced by information professionals and educators. A goal of the Spring Summit is to provide a forum to discuss ways to prepare for your personal and organization’s future. Register for free today at http://library2015spring.eventbrite.com/?aff=newsletter.
2015 ISTE Unplugged Events, June 26th - July 1st
Thanks to our generous friends at ISTE.org, our NINTH annual set of extra-curricular events at the ISTE conference this year will launch on the Friday before ISTE (June 26th) with an all-day open Maker Day--expect lots of table, activities, and fun for all ages, geared toward education. Saturday's all-day unconference features special guest Audrey Watters again this year, and huge shout-out to this year's unconference and evening party sponsor, StudyBlue and Shutterfly. Sunday is our fourth annual Global Education Summit, a three-hour event + connecting party you don't want to miss. The Bloggers' Cafe will be open Friday - Wednesday, and we're really hoping to add an education slam poetry event still. Stay tuned for all events at http://www.ISTEunplugged.com, which also has Facebook event links for each activity.
NextVista.org: Creative Expression Contest
NextVista.org invites teachers and students around the world to enter its Creative Expression contest. Share a video that in 90 seconds or less creatively explains something one might encounter in school to enter. Submissions get feedback, and finalists earn certificates, gift cards, and international glory! The final deadline is April 24th, with an early bonus deadline March 27th. Learn more at http://www.nextvista.org/contests/expression/.
The Shortgrass Library System is one of the Alberta Regional Library Systems. Shortgrass Library System is a service-oriented, non-profit organization and is registered as a charitable organization with the Canada Revenue Agency. Shortgrass Library System provides Integrated Library Services (ILS) and other technical services to regional public libraries as well as school-based libraries belonging to Medicine Hat School District No.76 and the Prairie Rose School Division #8. More information at http://shortgrass.ca/.
See you online!