- We are partnering with Chrome Warrior and using their gamification platform to provide an enhanced professional development experience for Global Education Conference attendees. Here is a player's guide to getting started with Chrome Warrior. Please read it thoroughly if you are considering playing. If you reach a total of 300 points, you will be eligible for a special digital badge and a personalized certificate of participation from the GEC!
- If the conference site should experience any difficulties, a back-up site with session calendars and links is at http://www.globaledcon.com.
- Recordings of any sessions that have taken place will accessible on the conference recordings page, usually within a few minutes after a session has ended.
- Follow the Twitter conversation with #globaled16
The list of today's sessions, in US-Eastern Standard Time, is below. To see the the full conference schedule in your own time zone, with the direct links to session rooms, go to the conference schedule page.
Want to volunteer to help moderate sessions? It's not too late! Sign up and information here. It's a ton of fun, you'll be doing some good, and you'll have the undying gratitude of the conference organizers!
Sunday, November 13th
- KEYNOTE: Jonathan Rochelle (Google)
- iEARN Welcome
- Classrooms without Borders: A Teacher's Guide to International Collaborative Projects - Philip J. Wagener - Secondary Social Studies Instructor and Digital Classroom Leader
- Girl`s Empowerment: Steps and Examples for Building Projects in Local Communities - Montserrat Fregoso Fonseca/ Industrial and System Engineering Student/ Freshmen
- Student driven eco-initiatives towards United Nation's Sustainable Developmental Goals - a case study & invite to join the movement - Ms. Kamal Preet
- The importance of mother tongues preserving in a global world. - Andreea Dahlquist, teacher
- (iEARN) The Global Impact of iEARN: Shaping Global Education through Collaboration - Jennifer Russell, iEARN Executive Council Member
- GEC Connect - Game On! - Julia Francis, Partner
- International Open-mindedness through Technology - Sara Abou Afash, PhD Student
- Massive, Self-Sustainable Collaborative Learning. The unabridged version of UN HQ session on Education and Sustainable Development Goals SDGs - Richard C Close CEO - Founder
- KEYNOTE: Terry Smith - "Early Foundations for Learning with the World in the Monster Project"
- (iEARN) Finding Solutions to Hunger - Mary Brownell – iEARN Project Facilitator
- Global Connections & Project Based Learning: Travel, Tech, and History - Natasha Jenkins, Social Sciences Educator
- Global Network of Remote Labs - Sérgio Leal
- Students as Global Leaders and Collaborators: The 2017 Student STEM + Entrepreneurship Conference - Eunice Daudu and Gaby Palines, Co-Coordinators, The 2017 Student STEM + Entrepreneurship Conference
- (iEARN) Host Family Experiences in Study Abroad - Alexi Kim
- Getting Involved with the Global Education Conference Network - Lucy Gray, Co-Founder
- Global Mapping using Google, Webtools and Apps - Kathy Beck Instructional Technology Coordinator
- Leadership and Innovation in Education - reflections with an international perspective - Mr Tim McNevin
- KEYNOTE: Jeanne Meyers + Wendy Milette - "The MY HERO Project"
- Global Connections & Geographic Resources: Approaches in Inquiry - Laura Krenicki, Educator
- The Power of Global Collaboration Projects - Brad Bielawski - Teacher
- Using 360 Video and Virtual Reality to Open Connections and Increase Understanding of Global Perspectives - Cheri Faley AP Chemistry Teacher
- KEYNOTE: Tosca Killoran - "Service Learning and the Maker Mindset"