Global Leadership Week (GLW) is a weeklong celebration of leadership through global action in K-20 education taking place April 25-29, 2016. GLW is an opportunity for global education leaders to learn from one another and share effective principles in leadership, particularly within the context of an interconnected, global age.
During Global Leadership Week, leaders in schools, universities, non-profit organizations, and corporations will design and host virtual events to showcase thought leadership. The global education community at large can choose to participate in these online activities by browsing event listings on the GLW website.
During GLW, the Global Education Conference (GEC) Network will be hosting two major events. First is the Global Leadership Summit is an invitational, face-to-face convening at Edmodo’s headquarters in San Mateo, California on April 25th. Additionally, the GEC is producing the Global Leadership Day virtual conference on April 26th which will feature thought leaders at all levels. These events will be streamed and recorded for the public; subsequent recordings will be used as living artifacts to continually inspire leaders. All events will be free of charge to attendees.
The education public can actively participate in any of the following ways:
- Virtually watch our face-to-face Global Leadership Summit international networking event at Edmodo's headquarters on Monday, April 25 from 4 PM - 7 PM PST (UTC-7). (The summit itself is an invite-only event.) Join the GEC Network to be sent the links to watch.
- Listen to presentations online and interact with various global education thought leaders on Global Leadership Day, Tuesday, April 26 from noon - 4 PM PST (UTC-7). These interviews and panels will highlight leadership practices from a range of experts. Event tracks will be: State/National/International Leadership, District Leadership, Teacher Leadership, Classroom Leadership, Teacher Education, Corporate and Nonprofit Leadership. Again, join the GEC Network to be sent the links to watch.
- Design and host a virtual event focused on global education leadership during the week of April 25th. We will post your event on our website’s calendar. If your organization is a sponsor or a non-profit, we will promote your event through social media. Submit to host an event here.
- Attend any of the aforementioned virtual events hosted by participating schools and organizations.
- If your organization can reach several thousand educators, consider join us as an outreach partner. Email Lucy Gray at email@example.com. Include a short description of how you can help get the word out to your network and a logo for your organization.
Confirmed Panelists for the Global Leadership Summit:
- Jaime Casap, Chief Education Evangelist, Google
- Betsy Corcoran, CEO, EdSurge
- Tony Jackson, Vice President for Education, The Asia Society
- Amy Lin, Co-Founder, Blendspace
- Jennifer Russell, Director of Education, iEARN-USA
- Vibhu Mittal, CEO, Edmodo
- Dana Mortenson, Executive Director, World Savvy
- Cleary Vaughan-Lee, Education Director, Global Oneness Project
- Brandon Wiley, President, GlobalEdLeader
- Esther Wojcicki, Educator, Palo Alto High School
- David Young, CEO, VIF International Education
More good information to come! Stay tuned!