February 2nd - February 16th, 2015
To subscribe to this newsletter, please sign up at LearningRevolution.com. Please share this newsletter with your friends and colleagues!
- Thursday, February 5th at 3:45pm in Austin, TX Digital Citizenship: A Whole-Community Approach, Learn about three factors for schools –teaching students, engaging parents, and enhancing leadership – to create a positive culture around digital citizenship. Learn about Common Sense Media’s free K-12 digital citizenship curriculum and resources. More information here.
- Saturday, February 7th at 12pm CR20 LIVE Weekly Show - Jeff Bradbury: Guided Tour of TeacherCast Podcasts & Services, Classroom 2.0 LIVE is an opportunity to gather with other member of the community in regular "live" web meetings. Details to join the webinar at http://live.classroom20.com. You can follow us on Twitter at #liveclass20.
- Monday, February 9th at 8pm TL Virtual Cafe - #TLChat LIVE!, Second Monday of each month is the Teacher Librarian Twitter Chat. Follow #TLChat on Twitter to participate.
- Saturday, February 14th at 12pm CR20 Weekly Show: LucidPress with Thomas Gappmayer, Classroom 2.0 LIVE is an opportunity to gather with other member of the community in regular "live" web meetings. Details to join the webinar at http://live.classroom20.com. You can follow us on Twitter at #liveclass20.
- Monday, February 16th at 8pm TL News Night LIVE!, This is a LIVE show presented in news show format featuring a Wrap up of “This Month in School Libraries” and deeper discussion of topical school library issues with special guest experts. Did we mention it was LIVE?
All events are listed in US-Eastern Time. To become an event partner and have your events listed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For a full calendar of all upcoming events and conferences, click here.
The Inaugural Student Technology Conference Recordings Are Available!
We've posted all the recordings from the four keynotes and 20+ sessions of the student-organized and presented Student Technology Conference. What a GREAT event. YouTube videos will go up this week, but for now enjoy the full Blackboard Collaborate and audio recordings.
OZeLive 2015, February 27th - March 1st, 2015
We know that Australian Educators in our networks are keen to share their innovative ideas and projects with the world. We welcome all connected educators to join us for our second OZeLive conference.
- Call for Proposals open until February 17th
- Volunteer Information
- Share on Facebook
- Follow #OZeLive on Twitter
Reinventing Education in Asheville, NC, February 27th - March 1, 2015
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." -Alan Kay. Join us for this two-day opportunity to connect and collaborate with colleagues from the school, library, museum, and home learning worlds--and anyone interested in reinventing how we think about and facilitate learning. This event combines the unconference format of Steve Hargadon's Learning Revolution events with Matt Murrie's better-than-TED "What If...?360" format of short talks and action collaboration. We hope you will join us for an engaging, dialog-filled, highly-participatory retreat with lots of opportunities for deep-dive conversations.
Newsletter Highlight (click for more information)
StudentHero connects high school students to summer programs and internship opportunities to help them discover their passions and get ahead. We hope to close the opportunity gap and bridge the digital divide for all high school students nationwide. More information at http://studenthero.co/.
Newsletter Sponsor (use code "14BDSG" for 25% discount)
See you online!