Friday, November 21st, is the fifth and final day our fifth annual Global Education Conference. Today was yet another great day of sessions and keynotes, and the recordings of any sessions that have taken place are accessible on the conference recordings page.
The list of Friday's sessions, in US-Eastern Standard Time, is below. To see the the full conference schedule in your own time zone, with the direct links to session rooms, go to the conference schedule page. Follow the conference through Twitter using the hashtag #globaled14. Session recordings are posted immediately following each session.
Do join us for the ending celebration--it will be fun and short!
Friday, November 21st
- Introduce PBL In Your Teaching To Make Your Student A Global Citizen - Iram Sadiq, Subject Coordinator Chemistry/Biology for O Level Cambridge
- Global Collaborative ELT Wikipedia project - Vicky Papageorgiou, BA, M.Ed
- Linking Leaders with Communities - Moderation Best Pr - Ian Murray - Facilitator
- Planetlines Connect Students Around the World - Daniel Kinzer Director of Experiential Learning School
- SPOTLIGHT: Social Entrepreneurship: The Student Voice - Sharon Brown-Peters
- Teaching Food Studies: onsite and abroad - Sonia Massari, PhD
- Building Essential 21st Century Skills Through Global Collaboration Projects - Effie Kyrikakis, International Collaboration Co-ordinator
- Fostering International Collaboration Through Language Exchange - Caroline L. Ocaya
- Globally Connecting People Through Creating Cloud-Based Presentations - Ervika Munik Borlongan (Undergraduate Student - Bachelor of Elementary Education major in Teaching in the Early Grades)
- ICT’osphere Surrounding ELT world: Reviewing Web-Tools in Use - Asli Lidice Gokturk Saglam
- Teaching and Learning about food in the future: ICT, Innovative Food Systems, Social Entrepreneurship and Interaction Design - Sonia Massari, PhD
- Sociology: A Driver for Cultural Competence in a Connected World - Michael D. Collins, Ph.D., Professor of Sociology
- The Elders mentor younger ones at "The School in the Cloud" - Sebastian Panakal, Vice Chairman
- The Global Classroom Project: Stories & Project Launch 2014-15 - Mr Michael Graffin
- to play or not to play?! - Oren Dolev, K-8 Teacher, M.Ed. student
- “Programa Formación de Formadores UNAD: innovación en la cualificación académica y certificación de competencias” - María del Socorro Gómez Estrada. Psicóloga. Especialista en Educación Superior a Distancia
- Go Global: Collaborating Teachers and Students Across the World Using Google Classroom - Shenna Kate Torres (Undergraduate Student- Bachelor of Secondary Education major in Biology)
- Once you go global, there is no coming back! - Mrs Fabiana Casella
- Social Media for Gender Equality: Exploring Popular Online Platforms for Mainstreaming Discussions on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identities - Ramil Andag (BSE Social Studies)
- Student Achievement in a Global Community: Educators Fostering Transformative Actions in a Standardized System - Kate E. O'Hara, Ph.D.
- Telling Taiwanese folktales through WebEx videoconferencing - Michelle Chien & Eric Chen, Student
- KEYNOTE: Rana Dajani on "We Love Reading"
- Incorporating Linguistic and Cultural Traditions - Susannah Wheelwright
- No sé, enséñame tú... - María Torres - Lic. en Artes-Docente en Primaria y Pre-Primaria
- School Uniform or Wedding Dress: How NGOs can Play a Key role in Combatting Child Marriage in Rural Nepal through Education - Priti Bhattarai, Board Member
- SPOTLIGHT: Hot Teaching Spots - Mrs. Maha Hassan
- SPOTLIGHT: Mutually Beneficial Professional Development for Teachers in North and Central America - Shea Kerkhoff, Education Director; Doctoral Student
- International Projects and Global Competencies - Teacher Miss ALINA BALAN
- Out My Window - Erin Olson, Instructional Technology Consultants
- Student Stories in a Solar Cooking Project - Kathy Bosiak Teacher and Science Department Chairman
- The Maker Mindset: Fostering a Design Mentality to Solve Real-World Problems - Katie Williams, M.Ed.
- Virtual Schools: Potential Solution for Equity and Quality Education for All - Dina Ghobashy - Education Technology Consultant
- KEYNOTE: Maureen McLaughlin - Championing International Education Priorities
- Global Education Conference Closing and Thank You!