Date: Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010
Time: 8am Pacific / 11am Eastern / 3pm (next day) GMT (international times here)
Duration: 1 hour
Location: In Elluminate. Log in at http://tr.im/futureofed. The Elluminate room will be open up to 30 minutes before the event if you want to come in early. To make sure that your computer is configured for Elluminate, please visit http://www.elluminate.com/support. Recordings of the session will be posted within a day of the event at the event page.
Event and Recording Page: http://www.learncentral.org/node/115993
We are delighted to invite you to a FinNode Social eLearning webinar. During this webinar, four school leaders from the US and Finland will discuss how learning communities helped them transform their already successful schools into learning environments that open the world to their students. Topics will include:
- Schools' pedagogical beliefs and approaches
- How learning communities help extend the learning environment beyond the four walls of the school building through physical and virtual communities
- Preparing teachers using rich social media tools
- How we know we are effective - documenting best practices and results
- Building, replicating, and sustaining effective learning communities - starting with physical communities and adding value through social media tools
Moderator: Peg Maddocks, Ph.D., CEO, Maddocks Learning
1) John Puglisi, Superintendent, MESA School, Santa Barbara, CA (Public School)
2) Ben Daley, COO, High Tech High, San Diego, CA (Charter School)
3) Jukka Miettunen, Headmaster of Patamäki Primary School in the City of Oulu, Finland.
4) Petri Lounaskorpi, Primary School Teacher, Pedagogical Consultant and Researcher, Jyvaskyla, Finland