"Educational Blogging" is a positive, tranformational technology that is often confused with "Social Networking" sites like MySpace.com. While there are similarities in the web technologies used for blogging and social networking sites, they serve different purposes. The current backlash against social networking sites has the potential to overshadow the benefits of educational blogging. Hopefully, this site will provide materials for decision-makers as they determine policies for their schools and districts that would impact the use of educational blogging or potentially restrict access to sites that provide blogging services.
The website is actually a "wiki," which means that is it hoped that you will contribute to the content of the website. Instructions on how to do so are on the website.
Topic links on the site are currently:
- What is a Blog?
- What is Educational Blogging?
- What is the Difference Between Educational Blogging and Social Networking (e.g., MySpace)?
- Articles and Resources on Educational Blogging
- Links to Teachers, Schools, and Districts Using Educational Blogging
- Testimonials for Educational Blogging
- Starting to Blog
- What is DOPA?
- SupportBlogging! Petition
- Help Needed